Military personnel, to include active duty, Guard and Reserve components, must have and maintain a valid government-issued Common Access Card (CAC) to be eligible for DANTES reimbursement.
NOTE: There is no exception to this rule.
DANTES reimburses the test fee only for the following exams:
Fees Not Reimbursed: Additonal expenses including but not limited to: rescheduling, cancellation, late arrival/forfeiture fees, service charges, credit card interest, travel expensees and Value Added Tax (VAT) are not reimbursed.
Exam Reimbursement Center
All exam reimbursement requests must be submitted via the Electronic Reimbursement Request. Paper-based forms are not accepted.
The following are required to apply for exam reimbursement:
- Valid government-issued CAC
- Proof of exam completion and payment
- Score report to confirm completion
- Payment receipt to confirm exam paid for
- Valid DEERS profile
- Must be accurate and complete
- OCONUS address must include city, state and zip codes (i.e., APO, AE, zip code)
- Invalid/missing information must be corrected with DEERS prior to submission
Additional Submission Requirements:
- Apply within 90 days of test completion
- Upload justification when outside of the current or prior Fiscal Year (FY)
- Apply within 90 days of your separation date
- Avoid payment delays
- CAC expiration makes request process null and void
- Address must be valid for 90 days after submission
- Avoid payment delays and/or rejection by Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS)