OASC & CPST Provide Free Academic Skills Training
OASC Can Help Improve Your ASVAB Scores
CPST Helps Prepare You for College
Are you up for promotion? Are you thinking about college? Do you want to get better ASVAB scores or ace your college entrance exams - with free help? With the online, self-paced OASC and CPST training courses, you can take control of your future by improving your math, reading, and writing skills. DANTES offers these programs to get you started on the path to a better career and faster college degree completion.
- Online Academic Skills Course (OASC): Better your chances of promotion with interactive lessons that address your specific needs. OASC can help improve basic math, reading comprehension, and vocabulary skills.
- College Placement Skills Training (CPST): Get ready for entrance exams with interactive games and activities that target college-level math, English, and writing skills.
Both OASC and CPST assess your strengths and weaknesses to design custom learning paths. These paths improve your knowledge of the concepts and skills needed to excel in each area. Lessons are supported by interactive exercises, practice sets, and quizzes to help you gauge your progress.
- Assess: Identify your strengths and weaknesses in math and English.
- Improve: OASC can help you get better ASVAB scores. CPST can help you avoid remedial classes and earn a spot in college-level courses.
- Availability: You can access both courses 24/7 from any computer or mobile device.
- Flexibility: Work at your own pace.
- Personalize: Both OASC and CPST provide interactive lessons, games, and exercises to support your unique learning style.
- Measure: Practice tests, quizzes, and an end-of-course test provide feedback to ensure that you understand the material.
All active-duty service members (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard), as well as members of the Reserve and National Guard, can use the OASC and CPST training. Family members and DoD civilians are also eligible to use the programs.
Get StartedGetting started is easy - just follow these steps:
1. Visit the website.
2. Select your status (Service Member or Family Member/DoD Civilian).
3. Sign up as a new user.
4. Choose OASC to improve your ASVAB scores.
5. Choose CPST to prepare for college-level courses.
Support ResourcesFree online DoD tutoring services are also available 24/7 at no cost. See Tutoring Services for more information.
Need Help?DANTES Reference Publications Manager