To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Entered service for the first time between January 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985
- Opened a contribution account before April 1, 1987
- Voluntarily contributed from $25 to $2,700
- Completed your first period of service
- Were discharged or released from service under conditions other than dishonorable
If you are currently on active duty and wish to receive VEAP benefits, you must have at least three months of contributions available.
Contributions may be withdrawn if you do not meet the basic eligibility requirements or if you formally request a refund of the contributions withheld.