Troops to Teachers (TTT) can help you begin a new career as a public school teacher — giving you the opportunity to use your leadership skills, knowledge and experience to have a positive effect on our nation's youth. The program provides counseling and referral services for participants to help them meet education and licensing requirements to teach. Subsequently, the program helps them secure a teaching position. Since 1993, more than 20,000 veterans have successfully transitioned to a career in education.
- Individualized counseling and transition planning
- Assistance navigating state teacher certification and licensing requirements
- Up to a $5000 stipend or $10,000 bonus
- Connections with hiring officials that may lead to employment opportunities
- Ongoing support and mentorship
All current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces may participate in the program for counseling, referral services, and employment assistance.
Those who meet certain education, military service, and application requirements may also be eligible for TTT financial assistance of up to $10,000 to support their transition to the classroom.
Troops to Teachers can assist you in your transition to a teaching career in K-12 public education. Getting started is easy — just follow these steps:
1. Go to www.proudtoserveagain.com
2. Select "Program Application"
3. Select "Apply Now"
4. Select "Save & Continue" to proceed through the application.
5. Once your application is submitted and processed, the TTT National Office will notify you by email with the services you are eligible to receive based on your military service time, education, and application date.
One of your greatest resources to help answer your questions is the TTT website. The website provides potential participants with information on:
- Eligibility requirements
- Application process
- State-specific teaching information
- Traditional and alternative routes to licensure and certification
- Financial assistance
- Teaching opportunities
- Important news and events
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- And more....
TTT Fact Sheet and Briefing
Download the TTT fact sheet and briefing to learn more about the program and to share TTT details with other service members, veterans, and potential program participants.
Praxis® tests are taken by individuals entering the teaching profession as part of the certification process required by many states and professional licensing organizations. DANTES offers funding for eligible military members taking this exam.
Click Here to learn more about Praxis® funding for current military members.
Contact the TTT National Office
PH: (800) 231-6242